Traveling Photography

 


One of my favorite things to do with photography is the traveling. Now that I'm not taking care of my parents and my daughter is all grown up I miss the chaotic running around I used to do. On an average day when I was working on three farms, taking care of both my parents who lived thirty miles I would put on about 100 to 250 miles a day from dawn till dusk.
Now that I'm alone with just Caera and Little Bean I have learned to enjoy driving. Living in Vermont you can take your time. You don't need to rush. And there are always places you where you can pull over to let someone by. 
Living in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont there is so much to see. It's almost like there is a photo opportunity around every corner. Today I went to Comerford Dam in Lower Waterford, Vermont. I was going to go to a different place this morning, but it was busy and I really wanted some quite time. So Comerford it was. It was amazing because I happened to pull up to one of my favorite places to go and just sit and there were dozens of Tiger Swallowtail Butterflies there. I got some video and a really nice shot of them in a group.

Then Caera and I went through East Barnet and the dam in E. Barnet was not going very well so I skipped that and headed back home. But along the way I spied two Cormorants in the Passumpsic River. They are known to be ocean birds. I believe this pair I captured today are summer residents now. That would be amazing and that is just letting me know how are waters are doing.



Once I got there I decided to go off the main road and went on a backroad I haven't been on since I was a kid. I got some great landscape shots from there. Then I came home. They say that you should give yourself a break from your photos after you get home, but sometimes I just can't resist. No matter how tired I am I need to see what I got. Sometimes I will restrain myself and wait till the next day, but when you are so excited to get home and see what you created you just can't help yourself.

Vermont gives you such a wide variety to work with. We even have cities or what I call mini cities. and tons of rural community and awesome landscapes. Animals here are amazing and if you are a bird watcher/photographer then you've hit the jackpot especially in the spring and early summer. We are getting more and more bald eagles here and it is even rumored that mountain lions and wolves are making a come back. You never know what you will see when your driving in Vermont. And more times than not you can find a place where no one will be around. You just need to know where and when to go. And if you're able to get the perfect day in just the way you want it you will fall in love with Vermont. Forever!

Sierra





 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates!

Patience is a Virtue