Updates!

 I know it's been since February since I have written on my blog. Well! That's because I have been super busy. I finished up with my grant through Vocational Rehabilitation and it was approved!!! I was able to buy a car and I got my business established with the state of Vermont. So as of earlier this week the Sierra St. Francis Mobile Photography Studio is up and running.

With my grant money from Voc Rehab I was able to get a 10x15 tent and a lighting kit. I am currently working on the PASS program with Social Security. Here is a link on it if you are interested in knowing what it's all about. It is such a great program.

https://www.ssa.gov/disabilityresearch/wi/pass.htm


Since getting my car you would think I would be out everyday, BUT I don't want to run up the mileage on my car because I plan on getting an SUV or a Pick Up so I will be able to pull my trailer around.

That is the next step when I get accepted into the PASS program. I had to create a "shopping list" and that was wicked fun. There was a ton of stuff I didn't even think of. 

I can't wait to get out on the road and do some work. I will be starting work for the Northeast Council on Aging next week I believe. They have a couple of projects for me to do. I have done my first Maternity Photoshoot with one of my friends and we were lucky we did it because 2 days later she had her baby.

I have been doing some road photography and visiting ponds to get Loon photos and working on my film photography. I have 4 rolls that I have to have processed. I've been waiting for my mentor to do it, but he is so busy now that I may have to send them out. He told me he was going to show me out to process film, but again he's wicked busy.

There are sometimes like today in fact where I just want to get in my car and just go! But money is an issue today so I will stay home and work on my apartment, editing photos and checking on the famous Memere Jenks!

Loons at Job's Pond, Newark, Vermont

It's funny how you are drawn to one area. I used to bring my father up to the ponds in Newark, Vermont to go fishing every year. It is one of my favorite spots. Center Pond in Newark is a joy to be at too. These ponds are small and there is just a small access to get to them, but most of the time there is no one there. You can't camp at either one of these spots, but for the day it's pleasant as can be. They are the hidden gems of Vermont. Another one of my favorite places is Willoughby State Forest. That is a magical place to visit. I plan on going up there more this summer and planning on camping up there as soon as I get a regular tent to camp in.

Sierra




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Patience is a Virtue